Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Learning, always learning


For a while now I have been wanting to learn a little about stitching down raw edge applique with a very small zig zag stitch.

I have been making some table runners for around the house and Samelia's Mum had done a table runner that was the inspiration for my attempt at this form of stitching.

I used Invisafil 100 wt thread for the zig zag stitching and set the stitch to 1 wide by 1.5 long on my Janome.

As a beginner in this form of stitching I was quite pleased with the outcome.


I did match stick quilting for the background and ended up with a runner that was just the right size for a chest of drawers in Linda's bedroom.















Some Laura Ashley sheeting fabric made a nice, colour co-ordinated backing for this household item.


2 comments:

margaret said...

applique looks good, another technique on my to do list, really like the fabric with the butterflies so pretty and I am sure Linda loves it too.

Tired Teacher said...

Appliqué is a skill that has intimidated me. My sister is a whiz at it, but I find it too fiddly, especially the corners.

Your blue runner is lovely. I like the fabrics you used.