Thursday, August 28, 2014

What's that happening at our front door?

Today I was trying to get together a nice photo of my latest quilt top and put it up on the wall just outside our front door for a photo shoot.

I wasn't entirely happy with the photos I had been taking and so walked away to check out letter box. As I walked back decided I liked the quilt from this viewpoint.

You may remember this was my 'nice bit of fun' from the 16th August.  Linda also showed images of it on her blog yesterday.

My 'nice bit of fun' has now become a completed quilt top.  Very bright and fresh and yet there was a time when I would never have worked with white.



Not possible for cat scans on this occasion but CiCi did feel the need to check things out.




7 comments:

margaret said...

looks great with the turquoise and white, like you I am not keen on white but this has worked perfectly' This disappearing hour glass block really has worked wonderfully

Nancy said...

It's beautiful and heralds the arrival of a new season. Nice job!

Vicki said...

You are right...this is very 'bright and fresh'! I really like this flimsy.

Marlene said...

Love how this has turned out and great place for the photo shoot. Have the same fabric in my stash!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Oh this is so pretty and what a great setting for your photo too! Love it.

Shay said...

I love this quilt Peggy. So fresh and bright and traditional and modern all at the same time.

PS. I think you found the perfect place for all your quilt pictures from now on too!

Jenny said...

Very nice Peggy, a lovely fresh looking quilt top. Love the clever design too, thanks for showing us how.