At last our Ladies of the Orient quilt is complete - well, the binding needs to be hand stitched down, a hanging sleeve and label are required, but virtually completed.
I gave Linda the freedom to experiment and she did not disappoint. These blocks were given to us by a friend who had experimented with foundation piecing and decided they were not for her. Their inclusion in this quilt top seem to provide balance to images of the ladies.
This is one of my favourites - I love the motion of the stitching within the image as well as the border.
So many different elements in this quilt. A new curved design in the border, patchwork style fabric that lent itself to faux stitch in the ditch, outlining of the ladies in their activities, highlighting a four patch block and incorporation of the clam shell design into one of the image frames.
Using the cotton kimono fabric for the backing has given the quilt a very nice soft texture. I was in a quandary as to what to use for the binding and in the end I decided to use the kimono fabric for that too.
This quilt is going to be a firm favourite hanging in our home. Such a wonderful result from a bit of stash busting last winter.