Saturday, January 11, 2014

A little bit of stitching, maybe?

Most of my blog entries over the past month have related to visitors and, in particular, my grandson, Jackson.

When he arrived to stay with us he announced that he needed a new quilt because he was now too big for the ones he already had.

I selected a few quilt tops from our stash and he made a choice - Science Fair.  Who would have guessed that my hexagon quilt would go to a 7 year old young man.

Linda has been busy quilting it and it came off the frame today.  Looks like I will be doing a little bit of stitching getting the binding on this quilt so it can be sent to Jackson in Seattle.

I love the modern quilting stitching Linda has used and look forward to sharing more images when the binding is done.


4 comments:

Shay said...

Oooh - looking forward to seeing this one in it's entirety !

You just reminded me I have to plan a quilt for Little P for 2014...I make him one every year and haven't even thought about that yet !

Anonymous said...

christmas was busy at my house also. i am glad you are getting back to sewing. me too.
kathleen

http://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

cozykoza32a@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

christmas was busy at my house also. i am glad you are getting back to sewing. me too.
kathleen

http://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

cozykoza32a@gmail.com

Vicki said...

I really like that quilting! Lucky young man!