Thursday, September 05, 2013

A combined effort

This is Linda's project but it was a combined effort that brought it together.

Linda made the blocks for this scrappy Trip Around The World quilt.

I pieced them together.

Linda put the borders on the top and then did the machine quilting.

Yesterday I finished it off with some magic binding using the blue of the outer border together with a flange of yellow.






The pop of yellow looks really good and works well with the yellows in the body of the quilt.

The machine quilting on the new long arm machine continues to impress us both.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I love all those colors together: the blue borders pull it all together. Nice finish, ladies!

Vicki said...

You didn't tell me that YOU long arm too! It is beautiful. I love the binding. I am going to have to try that 'magic binding'!

Shay said...

I really love how this one has turned out - it's utterly gorgeous. A Great job ladies !