Monday, March 11, 2013

Self sufficiency?

When I was in my 20's I used to read a lot about self sufficiency.  I dreamt a lot but it never became reality.

Even though those dreams are long gone I still retain an appreciation for anything that has a home grown flavour about it.

On the weekend Linda gathered eggs from our hens; fresh tomatoes, lettuce and chives from our vegetable garden.

Every now and then, on our menu, we have what we call a 'rustic lunch'. Linda makes focaccia bread and that along with these lovely home grown ingredients made a real treat for us for our Saturday lunch.

2 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

wonderful-home baked and home grown is the best

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

A rustic lunch sounds wonderful to me. so nice that you are able to grow some of your own produce now. Our neighbor brought us tomatoes, carrots and eggplant from his garden the other day. Fresh tomatoes are the best! Have a great day! Tammy