Monday, March 18, 2013

Fabric flower frenzy with a difference

After my excursion into 'fabric flower frenzy' with tea cosies and cushion covers I got a fancy to do some more of this sort of thing.

I remembered a project from 3 years ago that I bought when visiting with family in Dallas and decided it was time to revisit what I had set out to do then.

Tracing and cutting out for applique is very unappealing for me and so this is why the project had come to a stand still.  Even so, I found I had already done a lot of the work and so with a bit of a push these past few days I am nearly done with the cutting out so stitching can soon begin.

The cushions and tea cosies were relatively small projects and easy to manage on my domestic sewing machine. The current project is 42 x 42 inches and so it remains to be seen how I will manage all that on the same machine. 

Still I hope to be giving a progress report real soon.

1 comment:

kathyinozarks said...

what a beautiful project. I have a small sewing machine too, it is quite the challenge to try and quilt with it-which I do not enjoy doing very often. My last one was a queen-and I always say never again-lol