Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Taking the plunge

Part of participating in a needle book round robin is the challenge of making the first imprint on the naked block that arrives in your letter box.

It is a bit like a blank canvas for the artist to contemplate - where to start, will the first mark be right or wrong - you just have to get on with it and take the plunge.

This block is the first I have received from my Blog Round Robin.  Lorraine sent it and it is all in purples, a colour that I do like working with.

In the end I decided to do this floral spray which incorporates a floral motif, feather stitch in gold metallic thread, sequin flowers, grub roses, beading, an iridescent butterfly and french knot stitching.

The block is on its way to Cherie, in Australia.

I look forward to sharing more as other blocks come my way.

No comments: