Thursday, September 15, 2011

Plum Blossom

We have two established plum trees at our place.

The first year we were here they were heavy with fruit and before the season was over we were well into making plum jam and plum sauce. It lasted well but sadly now, is all gone.

Last year we looked forward with anticipation of a similar crop but it was not to be. We had about six plums from both trees.

We were not the only ones who did not fare well with plums last year. When we told others what had happened to us they said it had been the same for them too.

This year the blossoms are there in abundance and so we wait and hope that once again we will have an excuse to get out the preserving pan so that we can make good use of the plums as they ripen for us.

3 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Oh so pretty.
I'm longing for plum sauce.

Marcele White said...

hummm i hope you can see more than six plubs for you enjoy hehe, but for me you and Linda live near of Paradise, with a wonderful viell and plums!!!hehe kissesss

FredaB said...

I can almost smell the blossoms over here. You have a beautiful garden and that is what I always think of when I think NZ. Your beautiful Christchurch - I actually cried when I saw pics of what has happened to it.

Still haven't received an invoice for postage. Please send.

Hugs

FredaB