Thursday, May 19, 2011

The View From our Place

Our place of residence, a bed and breakfast, is built against a cliff face.

As you walk up the stairs from the bedrooms you see the flora, in abundance climbing the cliff face:-



My photography does not do the cliff face justice but it seems to stretch a long way:-



Apparently what we see at the top of image is the edge of rainforest.

From there the marmoset monkeys come for banana treats from the breakfast table:-



I have also sighted bright coloured butterflies and birds but the weather is against us at the moment and will have to wait for the clouds and rain to clear before we see more of that.

The temperatures have been quite mild since arrival, today a little on the chilly side. Today it is raining and it remains to be seen whether we will be able to go out at all. Along with the rain there is a definite chill in the air and I am grateful for the warmer clothes that I brought with me.

No comments: