Monday, October 04, 2010

Where we live we are having the most beautiful burst of spring weather.

After a month or so of wet, wet and more wet it is so nice to have the warmth of the sun and evidence of spring in all that is growing in our garden.

There was a time when the only gardening I did was on fabric and one of the advantages of that is that no weeds grow there.

Nothing quite like real flowers though, but I did enjoy browsing through some of my crazy quilting items today and this image is one of my favourite fabric gardens.

3 comments:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Your CQ is beautiful. I'm glad to see someone else used the velvet flower petals in their work. I think they add great texture.
Smiles,
Pat

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful! I agree your velvet flowers are lovely! We are getting lots of rain and lightning the last couple of days. It was nice to see the pretty loveliness of your CQ:)


Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com

crazyquilter said...

We are very fortunate to have photos and craft to remind us of the spring and summer in our gardens when the weather is not so good.

I have enjoyed using the velvet flowers in cq. Pulling the flowers apart initially seems a bit naughty but when you get past that it is a lot of fun.